Foreign Currency loans
A Foreign Currency Home Loan offers customers who may be residing either within Australia or offshore the ability to borrow funds in a foreign currency, provided their main source of income is denominated in the same foreign currency, creating a natural hedge for loan repayments.
Some Foreign currencies available are:
- Hong Kong dollar (HKD)
- United States dollar (USD)
- Singapore dollar (SGD)
- British Pound Sterling (GBP)
- New Zealand dollar (NZD)
- Euro (EUR)
These types of products have a broad base appeal to a variety of customers, however the key target market is high net worth Australian Expatriates and Foreign Investors living in Hong Kong, Singapore, the Middle East, USA, UK, New Zealand and Europe who are investing in Australian residential property.
Key benefits are:
- Customers can match their loan repayments to the currency in which they are earning
- Customers can secure the loan using standard residential property in Australia
- Investors can borrow up to 100% of the value of a new property (with additional security)
- Redraw available (subject to Bank's approval)
- Customers may switch between currencies
- Substitution of security is also available (Australian security property only).
Eligible customers are those:
- Whose main source of income is denominated in a foreign currency, and
- Who are residing either within Australia, or offshore.
Availability is restricted to investment/business use only.